rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Avatar Orchestra Metaverse

I have been having a great time working with the super cool online orchestra - Avatar Orchestra Metaverse. Members participate from all over North America, Europe and beyond. We perform frequently - compositions created by members of the collective. We play the compositions on virtual instruments also designed by artists of the collective. I have been working on my first instrument - The Birth HUD - part of my general exploration of the virtual body. I hope to play the Birth HUD in a new piece with AOM this month - will post details.

Instruments in SL are generally HUDs (Heads Up Device) that can be programmed to play sounds, generate particles or and/or animate your avatar. Many of our performances also involve merging Real Life players with virtual players - what we sometimes like to call "hybrid-reality" performance. Here is an early machinima I made of AOM giving a concert at U21 Global in Second Life.

No comments: